Bem-vindo, Visitante
Nome do utilizador: Senha:
Reparações TV - TV Repair

TÓPICO: Make:JVC Model: AV21H1EK, bought 1993

Make:JVC Model: AV21H1EK, bought 1993 09 Jan. 2014 02:11 #1

• vijaykpatel@mail.com
Hello Dear friends.

I have never been to a forum before. This is my first request for help.

I have old JVC TV working perfectly well until few months, when colour started Fading. So i opened the back & check visually. While shaking some PCBs the colour came back and then lost again. I then remove one Pcb at a time checked for any dry joints. Checked through all the boards including the Pwr supply. I made sure I did not short anything out by wearing static band.

When I put everything together. I was please to see the colour had stabilized but to my surprise, I had no remote display. Now the display does work with all the manual controls such as sound, colour, brightness, contrast, and mute. But does not display anything on the screen even the menu is not shown.

I have replaced IC 521 & IC 522. on the large heat sink.But still no manual display on the TV. I have exhausted my options since i don't have a clear idea of what causes this problem.

i have come to this forum for help. if anyone can help me either locate this fault or even tell me which part can cause such problem then this would of great help
awaiting someones prompt reply
thank you
Vijay

Re:Make:JVC Model: AV21H1EK, bought 1993 09 Jan. 2014 14:41 #2

• inadim
  • DESLIGADO
  • membro há mais de 14 anos top10 em número de mensagens
  • uy  
  • Agradecimentos 270
Hi,

Both sections (chroma and microprocessor) needs the same references,
(horizontal and vertical).
The first trouble,about fading color may be without horizontal reference.
"While shaking some PCB.........came back and then lost again".
Only guessing,without technical information,you could fix both
problems viewing dry joints in the horizontal section,near of flyback
transformer.
For a technician with an oscilloscope fix that problem results easy.
Have you a schematic diagram of that model?.
Good luck.

Re:Make:JVC Model: AV21H1EK, bought 1993 09 Jan. 2014 15:11 #3

• vijaykpatel@mail.com
Hello inadim.

Thank you for your suggestion. I have already fix the colour problem. yes as you mentioned. the reference line was intermittent. few dry joints and the colour problems is fixed.

The problem remains is the display side. As i have mentioned earlier. I have no display when i use my remote control

ie: No Menu display No contrast, colour brightness etc no bass, treble or balance or no volume bar shown when you increase or decrease the volume. i have checked the control module which is attached to the main board. I suspect two transistor, but not at all sure. so i have not changed them yet until i can get a clear idea of what is causing this fault. i do not have a schematic diagram. I wish someone out there knows this fault and could help.
Thank you Inadim

Pesquisar Esquemas | Dicas Defeito | Equivalência Componentes | Modelo v Chassis | Service Mode |
Enviar Esquema